Friday, September 18, 2009

Mike's trip, 2009

In August Mike went on his annual trip with his old roommate Connor.  This year Mike flew out to Seattle, a group of them drove up to Canada, took a ferry out to Vancouver Island, then kayaked out to the Barkley Sound and set up their camp.   There was a group of about 8 people and they hung out on these islands all week long.   They went on long kayak adventures, and saw tons of sea lions,  and a few hump back whales.  Amazingly, Mike said the sea lions were actually a lot scarier than the whales.  The whales were only about 100 feet away and they would come half way out of the water.  Damon LOVED hearing all of Mike's stories and had so many questions for him.  Here are just a few pictures....

a ton of sea lions




now that's manly!  ughhh! 

see the low clouds

Mike and Connor



Connor with a new little friend
Mike and Connor
Mike works so hard every day to provide for our family...I think I look forward to this trip as much as he does because I know how much fun it is for him.  I love him so much and I'm glad this trip was a successful one.   Until next time! 

7 comments:

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

That sunset picture is really amazing! What a great trip, it looks like Mike had such a great time!

TheKeilShpeel said...

That sunset pic and the low cloud pic is amazing..
What a fun trip.. and I would probably agree that sea lions are scarier. I haven't seen a whale that close but I have been within 15 feet of a sea lion and he seemed upset and scared me, I thought he was going to charge us.

Elaine said...

Great pictures! Looks like they had a good time and the weather was beautiful. Michelle, next time you need to come along and you and the boys come stay with us for the week!

wackywilsons said...

Seems like just yesterday I was there in your living room hearing about his trip from last year!

Way to go Mike...such a fun thing to do.

Deborah said...

This is a trip I've always wanted to go on - I'm jealous!

Watkins said...

LOVE THE NORTHWEST! WHAT A FUN TRIP!

Dave and Mel said...

I second the "LOVE THE NORTHWEST!" very cool trip and pictures- I want dave to do something like this!