Last Sunday we had a great Pre-Thanksgiving dinner with Mike's cousin Heather, her husband Chris, and some other good friends, Richard, Dana, and Sienna. The first picture is of an apple pie that I made - with supervision from my wonderful friend Jackie. It was the test run pie before I made one for the Thanksgiving dinner...and it turned out great. I also need to give a shout out to my friend Tiana for the recipe. Heather and Dana both said it was the best apple pie they have ever had!
The test run pie - looks great (thanks to Jackie for making the crust look perfect! Tasted really good too! I took it to our "girls night out" that night. Yum!
The pies I made all by myself! For those of you know me well...this is a big deal! And no - that is not a hold in the side of the apple pie...well, I guess it is a hole, but its not my fault. Within 10 minutes of me being inside Heather's house, Heather and Dana had already picked apart the crust - while flattering me with compliments....I didn't mind! Once again - Thanks for the recipe Tiana. It's a hit!
Mike and Chris - Cheers! Thanksgiving with Ham? That's right.
Damon loving his little Sienna
Now that I think about it - I don't know if the three of us left the kitchen all night! After a lot of food (and pie) you just have to sit down and relax.
I just thought this was a cute picture....I was in my room reading a book the other night, Damon ran in and saw me then quickly ran back out...I didn't know what he was doing, until he came back in with one of his books, climbed all the way up in our bed and cuddled with me while we read our books together. Too cute!
My friend Adrienne Tagged me a few months ago, and I am finally getting around to responding!
5 things I was doing 10 years ago (November 2007)
1. Going to school at Utah Valley State College
2. Working at NuSkin International, and loving it. 3. Hanging out at my families cabin a lot with new friends. 4. Jogging a lot 5. Getting cheese fries once a week (hence the jogging a lot) at Training Table with my best friend and roommate at the time, Deborah. (well, that didnt' start until January '98...but who cares)
5 things on my to do list today:
1. Continue to organize my storage shelves (I have such an exciting life) 2. Decide if I want to make dinner tonight, and if so...what I want to make
3. oh gosh - watch Survivor and Grey's Anatomy! I love Thursdays 4. Iron a huge pile of clothes - which is what I do every Thursday during Survivor and Grey's Anatomy! 5. Most importantly - Keep two 2 year olds entertained!
5 snacks I enjoy
1. Carrot sticks and ranch dressing - thats usually my lunch - yum!
2. Bananas and Peanut Butter (mike's converting me) 3. Grapes 4. Doritos - but for some reason never eat them anymore 5. Dried mangos (the ones that Jackie gives us from Hawaii!) yum!
5songs I know the lyrics to
1. Ain't no Mountain High Enough (yeah Tara!) - Marvin Gay 2. Girls Just Want to Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
3. Say Goodbye - Dave Matthews
4. basically any Madonna song from the 80's
5. Lost in Love - Air Supply (I love them!)
5 things i would do if i were a millionaire:
1. Get out of our tiny apartment and into a house! 2. Pay off all loans/debt - of course- duh 3. Save
5 bad habits
1. Saying "you know" at the end of a lot of my sentences. 2. Not making a grocery list, and just walking across the street to the store and getting "whatever" 3. I feel like I've become a mooch to a few friends. Quick babysitting drop offs, catching rides places since I never have a car, and many other things....I've never depended on people as much as I have in the last couple of years, and feeling like a mooch kind of seems like a bad habit. 4. Watching "The Bachelor" - hee hee 5. Being a back seat driver when my husband is driving - even though sometimes he needs it!
5 things I would never wear again:
1. anything neon colored
2. bobbers - is that what they were called - to hold your hair in a pony tail, but there were two balls on the ends? 3. LA Gear Shoes - haha
4. layered socks - alternating colors - you know what I'm talking about 5. Jelly shoes
5 things I enjoy doing
1. Exercising - specifically Spinning. I've been obsessed for a few years now.
2. Going to "Girls Night Out" - what a great break and great time just for talking, talking ,talking 3. Sending cards to people
4. Taking pictures 5. Scrapbooking
5 favorite toys
1. portable DVD player = Heaven on a 4 1/2 hour flight! (thanks Chris and Heather!) 2. Ipod - but Mike broke ours when he dropped it on a treadmill and it flew off and slammed into a wall :(
I forgot to post about this little parade that we went to a few weeks ago with the Huguely's. The parade was short and sweet, just long enough to keep a 2 years olds attention. It was hard to get pictures because Damon wasn't standing still for long enough...he was too busy picking up all the candy that was being thrown at him. It was actually a pretty cool thing for me, because it totally reminded me of my childhood, going to the Draper Parade every 24th of July in Utah, for as long as I can remember... and doing whatever it took to get that last piece of candy off the pavement.... Just a fun memory for me.
Damon with Nicholas and Michael Huguely
Damon waiting patiently for the parade to start
I finally got a picture of the front of his face!
Waving to all of the emergency vehicles, loving it!
a wife and mom, I have a wonderful 7 year old son, Damon who brightens up my life, a sweet and mellow 4 year old, Brixton, and a great ivy league student husband who works and studies hard to take care of us. I LOVE exercising, I enjoy reading, and try to be crafty. We are living in New Hampshire while Mike gets his MBA at Dartmouth, the Tuck School of Business