Monday, November 19, 2007

Pre-Thanksgiving Party

Last Sunday we had a great Pre-Thanksgiving dinner with Mike's cousin Heather, her husband Chris, and some other good friends, Richard, Dana, and Sienna. The first picture is of an apple pie that I made - with supervision from my wonderful friend Jackie. It was the test run pie before I made one for the Thanksgiving dinner...and it turned out great. I also need to give a shout out to my friend Tiana for the recipe. Heather and Dana both said it was the best apple pie they have ever had!


The test run pie - looks great (thanks to Jackie for making the crust look perfect! Tasted really good too! I took it to our "girls night out" that night. Yum!

The pies I made all by myself! For those of you know me well...this is a big deal! And no - that is not a hold in the side of the apple pie...well, I guess it is a hole, but its not my fault. Within 10 minutes of me being inside Heather's house, Heather and Dana had already picked apart the crust - while flattering me with compliments....I didn't mind! Once again - Thanks for the recipe Tiana. It's a hit!


Mike and Chris - Cheers!
Thanksgiving with Ham? That's right.


Damon loving his little Sienna


Now that I think about it - I don't know if the three of us left the kitchen all night! After a lot of food (and pie) you just have to sit down and relax.



5 comments:

Deborah said...

Gorgeous pies!! Look at you - making pies! I'm impressed!

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

Michelle you did an amazing job with all three pies! Thanks for sharing it with us... You are seriously the best. You are so sweet but really, you practically had the whole pie done by the time I came over to "help." : )

Chantel said...

I'm all about ham instead of turkey. It's easier, yummier and keeps better. I'm having thanksgiving at my house tomorrow... eeek! Wish me luck!

Lyndsay said...

OK, to show you how small this world is, I found your blog while perusing a friend of a friends. You know you missed the Gunn family! How are yall?

Tiana said...

Your welcome. Those pies look delicious! Well done!