Monday, November 12, 2012

A Hard Worker

A good friend of mine mentioned in a conversation that she would never be able to get all of their leaves in their backyard raked before they were going out of town for Thanksgiving.  Well, what do you know, I've got a 7 year old who loves raking leaves.  Damon was THRILLED at the idea of having a yard to rake, and I was thrilled at the idea of Damon doing something physical, something outside, and something nice for someone else.  He had a day off of school so we headed over.  




I was such a proud mom standing beside him, helping him rake and bag leaves.  On the first day we bagged 13 bags...that's right.  13.  We came back after school a few days later and probably did at least another 4 bags.  My friend was so cute and paid him $10.  He would have done it for free, but it was great for him to work really hard, and earn some money for it.   I love this kid. 

1 comment:

Susan George said...

I love reading all your blogs and seeing the photos. Keep them coming as it makes me feel part of your life! xx