Saturday, October 27, 2012

Cape Cod Half Marathon. #2

Last year this Cape Cod half marathon was my first half marathon ever.  This year it was my third.  I was really excited about running it again, being familiar with the course, and knowing that my time would improve drastically from the first time I ran it.  I trained much more this time around and was so excited to have this amazing group of friends to run with.   We all trained together, and I loved every minute of it.  
Andrea also had the genius idea of instead of everyone paying for hotel rooms....we should rent a big old house on the Cape, and stay the whole weekend.  It was PERFECT.  

It was a good 10 degrees warmer this year than it was last year....so I was actually a little too warm this time. 
 Bryan, Beau, Andrea, Catherine, Maren, Tiff, me, and Kristen.  (this was Kristen's first half and she KILLED it).  not pictured, Brent.  Where is he? 
 a view along the race. 
 um, why the crap does Maren still look so pretty after running 13.1 miles? 


 those are some hot thighs .
all of us at the finish line. 
let me just say, this friend of mine, Kristen, is a ROCK STAR.  We ran together for the entire race, and I knew she wouldn't stop and walk...so she literally kept me going.  I was so numb at mile 11 I wanted to die, but she just kept running.  I was soooo proud of her and I love that we did this together. 
just ignore how awful I look in these pictures.  :)

p.s.  Mike was going to run the race with us, but ended up having a job interview in Seattle the day before, he took the red eye back the night before to Boston and got to Cape Cod when we were about half way through the race.  He and the boys were there to cheer me on at mile 12.  Loved it. 

No comments: