Monday, February 9, 2009

So Grown Up!

You'd think after 3 1/2 years of being a mom, that it would be a pretty normal concept to me....but I swear that multiple times a day, I look at this little kid, and say to myself "he's mine?!".   I don't know why it still amazes me, or when it will ever seem normal to me....but I am just so grateful for this little guy.    I don't usually do blogs like this, there are just things I've been meaning to write down, and this forces me to do it!  

I can't get over all of the adult like things that he says.  I know that all of you with children this age are also astounded with your kids... I just laugh all day long at him.  He says "I certainly do", "I don't mind if .....", he has amazing problem solving concepts that surprise me every day.  

He is constantly talking about his baby brother, and I'll tell you right now, if he treats his little baby brother even half as good as he TALKS about treating him...then this is going to be one lucky little baby.  The other day Damon brought me his jacket, and laid it across my "tummy".  He said "here mom, the babies cold".  He made sure that his jacket stayed on my stomach, as long as I was laying on the couch.  This morning he cuddled up on my belly and said "Momma, I just want the baby to come out, I just love my baby brother".  Moments like that are some of the very best of my life.  He tells me every day a new "skill" that is he planning to teach his brother, walking, riding bikes, golfing, climbing the stairs....etc.

He tells me all day long that he loves me, even 5 minutes after being disciplined or put in time out.    Gives me hundreds of hugs and kisses, loves singing primary songs, loves talking about his grandma and grandpa...and can't wait for his next trip to see them.   Gosh, Damon...I Just LOVE YOU! 

13 comments:

Cassie said...

what a sweet little guy! sounds like he is going to be an amazing big bro!

alexandra said...

Damon is precious. Today we were at the park and Andrew turned to me with a look of joy and awe on his face and said, "Mom! You know what that boy's name is?" referring to some random kid a few feet away. "Damon!" I guess he overheard his mother talking to him. But Damon is jus tthe sweetest little playmate ever. Andrew just loves him. Just wait till his modeling career is launched!

Rachelle said...

I can't believe how adorable he is. I'm sure he'll be the sweetest big brother.

Deborah said...

Soooo sweet!! I know he'll be a great big brother!!

Jake and Roz said...

kids are amazing!

Andrea said...

He really is such adorable little guy...and what a big heart! Some of that comes from you Michelle, you're such a good mommy to him! I know it's hard to imagine but your gonna love this next little boy just as much, it's always hard for me to grasp that when I'm pregnant, but it has happened every time! And I'm amazed at the things he says too...I think he is unique that way :)

Heidi :) :) ;) said...

Damon sounds adorable. Your baby is going to have an awesome big brother. :)

Dave and Mel said...

I just read all his quotes again and I think he is just one of those mature souls and so sweet. THIS post was so cute too and he really should be a model. He's adorable and so are you- and yes, you should come up here- we would LOVE to have you guys!

TheKeilShpeel said...

So cute. What a sweet post and I love that pic of him.

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

Damon's hair makes him look like a high schooler! He's going to break so many hearts. What a good looking family you are - love the new picture of you all on the side! Thanks for being such a sweet, generous friend!

Alex and Heather said...

So cute! He sure is a hansom devil! He'll be such a big helper for you.

Syndi said...

I love having kids... most of the time. It is so fun when they are old enough to play and have cute kid conversations.

Jake and Roz said...

cute new background! :)