Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Cankles!

I officially have cankles....for a week or so, only my right foot has been swolen, but alas....the stereotypical blog picture of the fat ankles!  Mike and I laugh every night when I try to find my ankle bones!  They are in there somewhere!    This is also an embarrassing picture of how badly I need a pedicure.  Just ignore the chipped nail polish all over my toes....haha! 

I feel like quite the slacker when it comes to blogging about this pregnancy....I am not really sure why I haven't been really updating everyone about how things are going....I feel like so many of my friends are constantly keeping everyone up on any prego news...which I love.  For those who care, this pregnancy has obviously been a little rough for me, compared to my first....but I know there are many worse things I could be dealing with.  The gestational diabetes has taught me more than I ever thought it could.  There was a segment on the Today Show recently talking about health and good snacks....what to eat, when to eat, how much to eat....etc...and it felt good to listen to the experts, and be able to say to myself  - "that is how I eat!"   I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am actually really grateful for this trial.  I have learned that I have a lot more self control than I ever thought I did.  I guess that's what happens when your self control is keeping your growing baby healthy and saving you from complications during pregnancy / delivery.  

I really feel like this baby boy will be joining us a little bit earlier than my due date is expecting him...which means it could be any day now!   aaahhh!!!

12 comments:

Deborah said...

I remember cankles like they were yesterday for me!! Mine got WAY worse after I had Abbi, though. And I think my feet grew because some of my shoes are tight now!! I'm glad everything is going well and you are dealing with the GD thing so well. You are my hero!!

Jake and Roz said...

I had pretty much no swelling until right after Cade was born - and then I couldn't get my shoes on. At least it got better! You're in the home stretch now, how exciting!

Chelsea said...

Ahhh! Don't remind me, I am NOT looking forward to that whole swelling thing... or most of what comes after it in the delivery room...

Rachel Kirkham said...

Those are some hot Cankles! I could barely bend my ankle or point my toes! We're so excited for you guys!! Keep the blog posts coming!

Watkins said...

OH MICHELLE! MY FEET WERE SWOLLEN WITH MYA'S PREGNANCY, I HATED IT! HANG IN THERE YOU ONLY HAVE A FEW MORE WEEKS. CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR WHEN THE BABY COMES. HOW EXCITING!

Janell said...

Gotta love the cankles...and every other body part that makes you look in the mirror and think "is that really me?"!! Good luck with the last part of the pregnancy :)

J & J said...

i think your cankles are hot.

Jana said...

I'm so sorry! That's just how my feet were with Samantha. At least you're in sandle/flip flop season and can fit something on your feet! You're so close--almost there!

Andrea said...

Ya, I'm not looking forward to the swelling, crocs are great for that. How do you expect to have a good pedicure unless Mike does it or you go get it done, I'm not judging your pedicure!! ;)
Yay for delivering soon! Can't wait to see the pictures of this cute boy!

alexandra said...

Just a few more weeks now!

J-me Boyce said...

Those aren't even that bad! I can't wait to see this little guy!
That is great that something good came out of your trial.
I miss ya!

Ammon and Tara said...

yea for cankles! i had them with B. not looking forward to that again. you are so close now though! i'm so jealous!