Monday, August 31, 2009

My 30th Birthday - and Anthony Kim



So...I turned 30 at the beginning of July....which honestly, I was thrilled about.  I might be crazy...but I actually seem to always look forward to being a year older.  I'm not sure why, but I've never been upset about aging...and I was so ready to be out of my 20's.  

So you're probably asking what this has to do with Anthony Kim and a picture of golf balls.   Well...I will always remember my 30th birthday...mainly for the reason, that it was one of my husbands favorite days (and not because it made me officially 3 years older than him! - at least for the next 7 weeks).  We went out to a little Italian restaurant down the street from us in Bethesda.  My birthday was the same day as the first day of the AT&T National Golf Tournament, which was held a few miles from our house.  One of Mike's favorite golfers, the up and coming Anthony Kim, was in first place at the end of the this particular day.  As we are sitting in the outdoor seating area of the restaurant waiting for our food, Anthony Kim walks by holding hands w/ a pretty girl....Mike says "Hey Anthony", and Anthony responds with a nice "hello".  Mike is thrilled that one of his favorite athletes was only a few feet away, acknowledged him, and walked into the same restaurant where we were celebrating my birthday.    We enjoyed our dinner, then Mike and Damon went to get some golf balls out of the car for him to sign for them.  We are excited that for some random reason, Mike had grabbed the camera as we were leaving the apartment....only to find out that the battery was dead.  I suggest that he uses his i-phone...and he gets excited.   Mike and Damon go inside to ask for an autograph and picture....Mike is about to take a picture of Damon and AK, and the cute girl offers to take one of all 3 of them...she holds the phone up about to snap the shot...and his battery on his phone dies.  Talk about disappointment.  Mike was devastated....it was so sad...but he got the golf balls signed, and we went home.  What a great birthday!  

Those who know golf or like golf might think this story is cool....but otherwise, it's just the most boring post ever.  

10 comments:

TheKeilShpeel said...

Even though I"m not a golfer and don't know more than 3 pro golfers names.. this is still really cool. Meeting anyone famous is especially on your special day.
It's like when I got Ben's cancer shoe signed by Lance Armstrong. It was more exciting to get it for him. I'm a big fan of his too even though I don't watch the sport very often but there is a great joy in seeing our boys Very Happy. :)

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

Happy belated birthday! I don't know of him, but it totally trumps the relative of the reality celebrity you met in the not-too-distant-past. Though, that one was hilarious! ; ) (hint: officer & a gentleman) What a fun, memorable day!

Tiffani Mills said...

Haha not a big golf fan but cool! Happy Birthday!

Elaine said...

Yay! Fun story! Happy belated birthday!

Heidi :) :) ;) said...

Happy late Birthday! That was a cool story. I didn't know that your husband is younger then you. With you in your 30's and him in his 20's, does that make you a cougar? I'm teasing. It isn't that big of an age difference. :)

alexandra said...

That is great that you were looking forward to your 30th. I think the golf story is so fun, too!

wackywilsons said...

Happy Big 30 girl! I think that's so fun that you met a real star...

Those last pics of baby Brix are to die for! I love those huge eyes and his adorable double chin...

Way to go Damon on getting a family pic done!

Watkins said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHELLE! THAT IS COOL ABOUT MEETING AN ATHLETE, ESPECIALLY ON YOUR BIRTHDAY!

Deborah said...

happy belated birthday - (really belated now!! I'm so horrible with birthdays, one of these days I'm going to be organized!) What a fun way to celebrate - it's always fun to meet someone famous!!

Jenny May McKim said...

I am a big golf fan and I think it is a great story... I would totally be disappointed if my battery died too..
Oh well the memory is there...