Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Goose-Egg

So we recently learned another lesson. Don't let your kids run up sidewalks with their arms inside their coats - (as in, not in their sleeves...inside their coat) - because if they trip, all they have to land on is - well, their head.

Checking out the wound. Right before he saw it he put his hand up and said "I feel a bump". Mike and I looked at each other like "kid, you have no idea".

So as parents we were both obviously concerned about this bump...we got him ice packs, a pillow, had him lay down on the couch and cuddle with us, Mike let him choose a movie..etc... we really didn't realize how badly we were smothering him until he yelled "EVERYONE JUST CALM DOWN!". Mike and I laughed so hard.

14 comments:

wackywilsons said...

Same thing happened with Austin (go to my blog back in Oct 07)...a hematopa bump (spelled wrong for sure). Super scary and you feel like the worst parents ever!

I hope that it healed quickly. Austin fell out of his high chair on Halloween..yet, we still took him trick or treating!

Carrie said...

Ahh...the goose egg. I feel for you babe. There's something about seeing an impossible bump on your child's head that makes you cringe and pray they'll survive the night.

That's a big one!

P.S. Damon is an amazing bike rider and Brixton is ridiculously adorable!

Elaine said...

Ben always gets huge goose-eggs too! Don't know about these boys...

Damon is too cute--telling everyone else to calm down! What a big kid! So funny.

Wendy said...

Ouch! Hope he feels better soon.

We're excited to see you guys! :)

bonnie ann said...

oh no poor monkey!!!

Janell said...

Oh, That is super sad. I cannot believe how huge that goose egg is. But he was such a good sport about it! Hope it heals soon.

Jake and Roz said...

boys will be boys :)

Steph said...

Haha, poor guy! You guys are such good parents... I'm laughing because I can totally see him yelling that out. :)

Ammon and Tara said...

OH my heck! That is such a huge bump! Scary. That's so funny that he told everyone to calm down. So cute.

TheKeilShpeel said...

oh my.. that is HUGE! Good thing my child refuses to wear coats. :). That's hilarious what he said..

Watkins said...

SO FUNNY! HE IS SO GROWN UP! WHAT A BIG BUMP!

Deborah said...

that is crazy! But he is too cute, and seriously says some of the funniest things!

Tiffani Mills said...

Such cute sad picutres! Boys!

J-me Boyce said...

Oh man! that is brutal! I love him comment though :)

I can't get over how athletic this guy is! I love it!