Thursday, November 17, 2011

Oh New York....New York....

When I was in Utah this summer, my mom mentioned that she, her best friend Judie, and two of my aunts were in the middle of planning a trip to New York. Hmmm....New Hampshire = 4 hours from New York....woo hoo! (okay, 5 hours on the bus, but whatever). I moved to New Hampshire, a month later bought my bus ticket (thank you Dartmouth Coach!), and started counting down the days until I got to go on a trip, for 3 days with no husband, no kids....just girls! My mom joked that I'd just be hanging out with a bunch of 60 year olds....I DID NOT care! We had sooooo much fun!


Macys, beautiful Macy's. What an overwhelming place to walk into! 9 stories tall!
Christmas shopping!!!!!
My Aunt Anne, Aunt Cookie, and Mom!
a bus tour! mom, Judie, my cousin Brooke, her son Landon, Anne, and Cookie
My cousin Brooke was also in New York! Her husband had business there and so she and their son came along! I hadn't seen her since her wedding! It was so fun to catch up with her a little bit. We've always joked about being twin cousins....(born on the same day, same year....just on opposite sides of the world!)
Awh! I love my mom!
My mom and her BFF Judie! So glad Judie was able to come. It was her first time to New York. It's so fun to be there for someone's first time to the Big Apple!

waiting for our tickets.
me and my Aunt Anne....shopping on Canal Street. Such a great place! (maybe slightly annoying, but still so fun! )
Judie and I. The sculpture behind us used to be inside one of the World Trade Towers.
Judie, my mom and I - big fans of Project Runway.....we were so excited to drive past this building during the bus tour!
bus tour :)
bus tour... :)
Had to take this one for Brixton.

Thanks for the most amazing trip Mom! I loved spending so much time with you and all the ladies! love you!

8 comments:

Mary said...

Oh Mup, I can't believe how much fun we had. The time went by too fast. You were such a good sport to be gopher for a bunch of "old" broads. What a fun place to visit. Lots of great memories. Love you!!

Rebekah said...

I am so jealous. I have always wanted to go there. Glad you had fun.

Leslie said...

Jealous! Jealous, jealous, jealous! Looks so fun!

Elaine said...

I love NYC! So fun that you got to go there with just the girls!

TheKeilShpeel said...

What a fun fun trip!

lisa holbrook said...

Love the Elmo picture. Will you show me around New York someday?

Karissa Kay said...

soooo fun!!! what did B do when he saw that picture of you with the giant elmo? I bet be pooped his pants!

Britta said...

found your blog! it's amazing the kind of information facebook will give ya. I love seeing the photos of of your NYC trip. I'm holding my breath until I get to go there (hopefully) this spring.