Monday, January 2, 2012

A Rash.....

So as I was getting home from the Christmas boutique (blogged about earlier), I walked in the door to find Damon, COVERED in a crazy rash. It went on for days...and days....I was so confused as to what would cause this....I couldn't think of any reason! no new food, no new laundry soap...etc....it literally took me like 3 days to realize that he had eaten a new food....I had bought those french toast sticks (which I had never bought before) - and he had those for breakfast for 3 days....that is the ONLY new thing he had eaten...and it never even occurred to me that he would have an allergic reaction to it. So random!




he survived with the help of Benadryl every 6 hours, and lots of cortizone cream. I did end up finally taking him to the ER one night....because it just wasn't going away. They recommended Zyrtec, and it worked like a charm. Thank you Zyrtec. :)
No more french toast sticks for us.

10 comments:

Rebekah said...

That is so random. You should see what the ingredients are so if he has a reaction to anything else you can find the common denominator. I love zyrtec. It is the only thing that helps my allergies.

JESSE said...

I am so glad he is finally better, and more importantly you figured out the cause. Love all the new posts and I have to admit that I totally stole the one of B and E off your page and copied it to my computer. It is precious! I think next fall when R is in school we should definitely set up a playgroup with Brixton, Nash and Eli like once a week to play together. That would be so much fun!

mj said...

seriously!? it was french toast sticks? that is so weird. i wonder what ingredient...or mixture of them. glad you figured it out.

Tiana said...

Poor kid!! What a crazy thing to have a reaction to. Glad you figured it out. Loved your updates.

TheKeilShpeel said...

Poor guy! Glad he's doing better.

Ammon and Tara said...

I have no internet again! ahh! I had to come see your blog at the library. Glad Damon is okay. Love all the fun pics of your kids! Miss you!

alexandra said...

Wow, that is awful! I wonder what the sticks had that caused that. Zyrtec, good to know.

wackywilsons said...

Dang processed food!

Janell said...

That's from french toast sticks?! Holy cow, I'm never buying them!! That looks so painful--I'm glad it's cleared up.

Deborah said...

That is so crazy!! Who would ever imagine that French toast sticks would cause something like that. I'm glad he's feeling better!