Sunday, May 13, 2012

Lake Winnipesaukee Half Marathon

On May 12, I ran my second half marathon ever.  A friend from church, who is an AMAZING runner.....told me about the race, and I told a few other friends about it....we all quickly signed up, and started training....a few weeks in to the training I fell off my road bike (I'll spare you the pictures of my cut up knee)....but it was a struggle to run any legit distances in the few weeks before the race.   I was really nervous, but not nervous enough to opt out of the race.  

For years, I had heard about Lake Winnipesaukee because a lot of our friends from our church in Maryland have summer homes there (at least their parents do).... It definitely lives up to its reputation.  It was an amazingly beautiful place to run.  

Not sure why I pinned my # onto my pants, instead of my shirt.....(i'm majorly regretting that now that I see my stomach in this picture), but whatev....I love these girls so much, and love that we were all able to run this race! 

No comments: