Wednesday, May 30, 2012

New York City!!!!!

The process that Mike went through of applying, interviewing, traveling, etc....to find a summer internship .....was, well, sort of crazy.  To put it lightly.  There were rejections, offers that didn't feel quite right, more interviews....and right at the perfect time, an offer to work in New York City, for the holding company, Loews Corporation.  www.loews.com.  Not to be confused with the home building company...although we love home improvements!  
He will be working with the Vice President of Corporate Development on their acquisitions.....(whatev), and started YESTERDAY!  It's a little strange for him to be in NY for the next 10 weeks.  It will be a little rough around here, but it will definitely force to put my best mommy foot forward and step up the fun since mr. fun dad won't be around.  It's also nice that NY isn't really THAT far away.  It's a little road trip, or a bus ride home for him.  He'll probably be home every other weekend or so....if his work hours allow.  He found a good little place to live while he is there, close to the trains, and it is in a good part of town.   I'm really excited for him, even though he doesn't find it nearly as exciting as I do.  He says he is just there to work...I guess being a husband and father of 2 limits your desire to check out New York night life.  Haha. 


                                                 I'm really proud of him.

1 comment:

Britta said...

You will do just fine without him...we have a great support group for you this summer. (Including Wednesday park days...where were you today?) I seriously don't know how you won't go out to live in NYC instead. I would! Even if it means that I abandon my kids the whole summer. It's probably a good thing that it won't happen for me. :)