Saturday, October 6, 2007

What a Story

I was really touched by this story on my good friends blogs. Adrienne has always been such an amazing example to me, we've been friends for ...well, since 5th grade, so a very long time. We took swim lessons together, used to go running, bike riding, and double dating together. She is a great person, and I think by reading this story you can tell that she is passing that onto her children.....
I really hope that Adrienne doesn't mind me stealing this story from her own blog...I just really felt like sharing it with the people that read mine.....It is really touching. I've read it at least 3 times and have ended up in tears every time.

here you go

"I shared the following story today at our LDS Church Testimony meeting today...
As I was away for a few days this last week, my dad was taking care of my two little boys. They had decided to go to a nearby park to play and get some fresh air. My dad was watching the boys from a distance as they were playing by some shrubs and a chain linked fence.
Out of the blue, Wesley started screaming with urgency, "Abuelo Abuelo!" My dad ran over to see what was going on. The boys had somehow slipped through a gap of the chain linked fence. While they could stand there, they were also immediately next to a 10 foot drop...somehow little Austin has fallen over the edge! Wesley by some miracle grabbed him as he was falling and was literally holding him by one arm. Austin was being fully supported by my sweet three year old. He was holding on as tightly as he could, crouched to the ground and little Austin was just swinging by a limb.
Of course my dad was shocked to see what was happening, but because the area was so small and narrow, he could not reach the boys and where they had placed themselves against this wall. So, he ran around the fence, hopped it and reached them to safety.
The most emotional part for me was not only that my boys lives were at risk, but that Wesley was so alert and quick thinking to reach down and help Austin. Surely a three year old cannot sustain a two year old and so we knew that outside help had come in.
As they were walking home, my dad was very emotional about this mini crisis. Wesley then started to explain more about what had happened to him. He said (this is of course in Spanish but I will translate it, so it may sound funny)...that Jesus had come into his throat and helped him call out for Abuelo. (Me entro el cuello Jesus). He then said that Jesus is his friend, He is his brother, He is strong and that He helped Austin when he fell down. (Jesus es mi amigo, mi hermano y es muy fuerte. Me ayudo).
How else could my toddler completely hold onto the life of my baby Austin without some divine help? Not only that, but Wesley knew who was helping him the entire time and he told Abuelo that he could feel him there with him. I am so so so grateful for an intuitive child who knows that he is loved and watched over by Jesus. More than that, I am so grateful that God allowed me to be a parent to both of my children for a longer period of time. I could have easily lost both of their lives had they fallen and broken their necks.
This story of course came at an opportune time since yesterday was my meltdown. My perspective has been lightened and their lives are ever so fragile to me. All day long Jared and I were praising Wesley for his valient job and how grateful we are for an innocent and caring son who was watching out for his hermanito. "

No comments: