Friday, April 10, 2009

Update!

For those of you who have been asking and asking for a picture of my pregnant self....here you go.  Totally not exciting, but here it is.   We still have a busted camera, and I am shocked every time I plug it in and the pictures I took actually appear on the computer...so we have been super unmotivated to take many pictures lately....but here's what we've got. 

 
A lot of you have also asked about how the gestational diabetes thing is going.  Honestly...the hardest part is just having to think about what to eat, when to eat it, where I'm going to be 2 hours from when I started a meal (that's when I check my blood).  I am learning really good eating habits that will help me throughout my life.  I find myself cooking more, planning better meals, and even Damon is eating things that I never thought he would!  That is probably one of the best parts of all of this!   I've learned that there are a lot of delicious sugar free options for treats.  I was such a "grazer" before, just snacking on whatever whenever I felt like it, and it's been nice to have that under control...and just not let myself do it!   

Checking my blood 4 times a day (pricking my finger) really isn't that bad.  Especially considering how terrified I have been of needles my whole life.  Luckily the needles I use are teeny-tiny, which helps.   

I also wanted to say how grateful I am for everyone who has show so much love and concern for me through all of this.  I was a pretty big mess for a while, and quite the stress case.   Being pregnant is hard enough this time around for me, and I took it really hard when I had these extra issues to deal with....but I am hoping a praying for a strong healthy baby, and I'm grateful for my friends and family who have listened to me vent, cry, get mad, and cope with it all! 



21 comments:

Jake and Roz said...

look at your cute big tummy! :) I'm glad things are going so well. Almost there!

Tyson and DeeAnna said...

You look so radiant!
I'm glad that you are so positive about it, I'm sure that helps both you and your baby!
And holy cow you're almost there!
I have my gestational Diabetes test in a couple weeks and though I'm scared about it coming back positive, I know that if you can do it I can do it. Thanks for reminding me of that.
Next time you're in town lets get together k?

Janell said...

I absolutely love seeing pregnant girls and look how cute you are! And I love the tree, too! It's good to hear things are going well...you sound so positive about it all! I'm sure it's been a struggle but you are doing so well. Thanks for the update!

Cassie said...

look at you momma!!! you look so cute...it's so good to hear that everything is going good. your in our prayers!

Ammon and Tara said...

haha, i just posted a pic of my pregnant belly too then came and saw your's. we must be sisters that think alike! you look so cute. glad that GD will be over when the baby comes!

Melinda said...

You look great! I'm glad everything is going well with the diabetes. I hope the next weeks go as fast for you they have for me!

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

That's a sweet picture of you and Damon! I might as well be in a different state, I hardly see you two any more! I love how postive you are and please share all your new found nutrition - related info / tips with me - I'd love to learn!

Tiffani Mills said...

You look adorable! I can't believe it is almost time! A couple more weeks and you are in the safe zone! Glad you are doing so well with the finger pricks and being so positive- seeing the upside! You look so cute!

Deborah said...

You are so cute pregnant! I wouldn't even take a whole picture of myself when I was preggo -just the belly! I'm glad the gd thing isn't too bad. It will all be over before you know it!

loma said...

You are way to cute preggers- you should have at least 5 more :)

I am so glad you are doing so well with the diabetes. 15 years later and my dad still doesn't control his the way you are. You shiould give him some tips!

treen said...

Lookin' good! Damon's name suggestions on the sidebar crack me up, especially Fifi. When a friend in Utah was due with her 2nd, her 2-year-old wanted to name the new baby "Lion King."

Dave and Mel said...

hey there- I just got all caught up on you and I can't believe your news and your strength!! At least you are overcoming one of your biggest fears thru all of this and just think how tough you will be when this is all said and done. I love you babe and think you are adorable and beautiful and will keep you in my prayers! Can't wait to see your little guy in just 44 days - but hopefully sooner!

TheKeilShpeel said...

Thanks for the pic, finally ;).. j/k. You look so cute. I'm glad that things are going well with the diabetes. Thanks for the update.

alexandra said...

You are so cute. I can't believe how close your are to having this little baby! Two boys!

wackywilsons said...

You are such a cute prego mama...the hat is so cute.

I do miss those cherry blossoms!

Crazy how your diet can really affect not only your physical health, but now your baby that is growing...is Damon now eating broccoli and asparagus?? Good for him!

We miss you!

J & J said...

i just got caught up on your blog---i'm so sorry to hear about the trials you've been going through. nothing seems very easy during pregnancy, huh (i realize i've never completed a pregnancy, but the three i did have caused some stress). you are so strong and wonderful and you look SO good! almost there my friend. you can do it. if anything, look at all the positive things that have come from it. i swear, when you change your eating habits, life just gets better. much love.

Alex and Heather said...

You are a cutie patutie and I love the cherry blossoms. Love that about the DC area. I'm glad that things are going ok. It's a scarey thing. Take care, my friend!

Kacy & Adam said...

You look beautiful and I am so happy that everything with the pregnancy has been okay. I felt so bad for you through a few of your posts...I think you have a great attitude!

Carrie said...

Michelle belle - you are so cute. Thanks for the encouragement with my health challenge. I admire all you have to deal with during this pregnancy. You are one tough (and hot) mamma!

Andrea said...

You look great Michelle! And I'm so glad that you've adjusted so well to your situation, you're amazing! Love ya!

Nona said...

What a cute little pregnant girl!!! Glad everything is going well!