Sunday, April 5, 2009

Our Boy on his NEW BIKE!

Here's our little guy riding his new bike.  We went to the bike shop, he climbed on, and almost immediately took off on his own in the store!  Even though he has been riding the pedal-less bike for a year and could completely balance on it, I was still nervous and a little skeptical about having him try a new bike without training wheels.   I just couldn't imagine him on such a big bike, doing it all on his own.   But...here he is!  See the video below! 



I am still using our broken camera...so I, once again didn't know if any pictures or videos were going to work.   That's why I sound like such a dork, always hoping that the video is working! 

10 comments:

TheKeilShpeel said...

That's amazing. We haven't even tried putting kyle on a bike. None of his friends even really ride Trikes.. I bet he'd love it but since none of his friends are into it, , we really haven't done anything about it.

becca p. said...

Your baby can ride a bike -- AAHHHHH.

Rachel Kirkham said...

Holy Cow! That's some fancy bike riding for a three year old! Good job Damon!!! And good job Mike hoofing it behind him all the way!

Holly said...

So grown up! I haven't even put Abby on a bike yet, not even a tricycle. Maybe this summer we will try it out. Way to go Damon!

Jake and Roz said...

wow! don't you just love it when they surprise you like that? My little boy seems to want to go at warp speed all the time, too. little boys are nothin' but trouble! :)

alexandra said...

Yay Damon! I love how adventurous that kid is! Andrew missed him at Elyse's b-day.

Deborah said...

Wow! I can remember when I first started riding a bike without training wheels, but I'm pretty sure I was a bit older!

Tiana said...

Yeah Damon! You did such a great job! That is so cool.

Ammon and Tara said...

so, i totally didn't learn to ride a bike til i was way older than 3! i can remember, tracie taught me how. very impressive! so fun. miss you guys lots.

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

That is awesome! Damon is growing up so fast!