Thursday, June 3, 2010

Vacation - Camping in the Adirondack Mountains


We continued north to camp up in the Adirondacks. This was a big deal for us because we have not been on a family vacation (besides our trips to Utah) in years! We couldn't believe it when we really figured that out. It was a great trip, the weather was phenomenal. It was probably in the 70's during the day, and in the 60's at night. Damon was in heaven with endless sticks to find, rocks to throw, fires to build,and lakes to play in.


This picture and the one below are just at a random stop we made on our way through upstate New York

Damon needed some rocks to climb!

Damon was playing in a lake, and Brixton thought it was a perfect time for a nap








This was Damon's play ground when we were hanging around the camp site

Brixton just continued to be his happy little self, hanging in the stroller, tent or in our arms. He amazes me daily at how content and happy he is. It is sometimes unbelievable.


Brixton was loving hanging out in the tent....nice comfy sleeping bags, blankets...he loved it

Of course, had to pick up the marshmallows.....I will brag that Mike makes THE best roasted marshmallows that I have ever had in my entire life. He's so patient! I just stick it in, burn the top, and pop it in my mouth. Not Mike...he's got the skills1



Damon loved being Daddy's little helper with the fire.





I love this one


We definitely enjoyed the Adirondack Mountains....but they don't quite compare to the Uintahs! Especially since they are 9 hours away! As opposed to the Uintah's which now feel like they were in our backyard when we lived in Utah! We'll be back one day!


12 comments:

Steph said...

so glad you got to take such a fun trip! I bet Damon was in heaven

The Wells Family said...

i completely forgot to ask you about your trip!! i am glad you posted. it looks like it was really fun. i am completely loving the pic of brixton asleep....could that not be the cutest thing ever? he is such a doll and i love to squeeze him.

i will have to drill damon about the camp tomorrow at carpool. i didn't even remember to ask him about in either!! xoxo

Tiana said...

It looks like you guys had a great time. Damon is a little dare devil on that back. I bet he was impressing all of the "big kids" there.

TheKeilShpeel said...

What a fun trip you guys had.

Elaine said...

Looks like a beautiful place and a super fun trip!

Emily said...

wow, that looks so fun! I gotta say though, I make a pretty amazing roasted marshmallow. we'll have to have a competition.

wackywilsons said...

Good for you! I love the fresh green trees...and the fact that little B slept so well in a tent..that is great.

I love roasted marshmellows...yummy.

I am so glad you all got out and created some memories with your boys. A long and fun 9 hours!

Deborah said...

What a fun trip!

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

What a fun vacation! I love all your pictures and Brixton is getting so big!

I wanted to wish you a happy belated birthday! I hope you had a great one. Miss you guys!

Watkins said...

LOOKS LIKE YOUR CAMPING TRIP WENT A LOT SMOOTHER THAN OUR LAST CAMPING TRIP WITH THE GIRLS! LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS HAD A GOOD TIME! THAT IS SO COOL THAT DAMON IS SUCH A LITTLE BIKER. HOW FUN!

lisa holbrook said...

I love these pictures. What a fun trip. I love Brixtons big smile. I just want to hug him. I want to hug all of you. Miss you guys.

Chantel said...

We're gearing up for our first camping trip since Milo. The last several have been an exhausting blur so I'm praying it'll be a good time. Camping with little kids is a whole new ball game. (And we miss Utah's mountains too!)