Tuesday, April 15, 2008

And to wrap it all up....

Damon had such a fun week...the zoo, numerous trips to his favorite parks, and to wrap it all up....Mike and his good friend Chris took Damon golfing with them on Saturday morning...(just 9 holes)...he got to ride in the golf cart, and even hit a few balls with his little golf clubs.   Mike said he had sooo much fun.  Then they were off to pick up some lunch, and off again to the Nationals v. Braves game.  Mike got some great tickets through his work for free, and Mike's cousin, Jared was able to join them.
That night we all met for dinner at our good friends house, the Huguely's...so the guys could watch the Masters. 
Mike and I were talking that night and I made the comment that that might have been the funnest day of Damon's life.  It was great for me to know that they had such a great "guys day".   Damon so lucky to have such a great Dad.  When I was pregnant with Damon I used to tell Mike that "if I could pop out a 3 year old, I would..."...and after that day with Damon I think he gets it now.   I would have been sad that I wasn't with them...except that my good friend Kelli and I headed out Saturday morning to the outlets malls. We had our girls day, and they had their guys day...and everyone had a blast!    

7th Inning Stretch...Yeah!

What a day!  


12 comments:

Melinda said...

What a fun day for Damon! Ben has always wanted to go golfing with Mark - maybe this summer he will finally take him!

Watkins said...

WOW YOU GUYS DO SO MUCH FUN STUFF WITH DAMON, I BET HE LOVES IT! I EMAILED YOU YESTERDAY BUT I DONT KNOW IF I TYPED THE RIGHT EMAIL ADDRESS. IF YOU DIDNT GET IT LET ME KNOW, OTHERWISE TALK TO YOU LATER.

Ammon and Tara said...

that's so fun. damon is looking so grown up. it's crazy how they change so fast! hope you have fun in utah with the fam!

Andrea said...

So fun! Teach him young Mike~that's how old Tiger was!

The Huguelys said...

You guys had a busy blogging week! Hope your having a good time this weekend too!

Alex and Heather said...

That sounds fun for me, and I'm not a guy! It was good to catch up on your blog a little bit. You sure got a hansom fella. Hey! Maybe we can do some arranged marriages; except Damon will have two choices...Eva or Maya!

Nate and Heidi said...

I can't believe how cute Damon is! Having a little boy has got to be so much fun

Tawna said...

I bet he had so much fun with his daddy!! Derek looks forward to those days when he can have daddy/daughter times....and hopefully sometime down the road, daddy/son days! So much fun!!

PS, those pictures with the blossoms is so pretty!!! I love it!

Carrie said...

You guys are having a blast out there! Congrats to Mike. My mom said she sat next to you at church and that Damon is just as entertaining as Sam. Sam also thinks that a hymn means "all done!"

Chelsea said...

Whew, well I'm relieved someone else is scared to do a cartwheel too! I w as cleaning out our car today and found about $32 in metrocheks. Do you guys want them? If so, give me your address and I'll mail them out.

Rachelle said...

I stole a picture of the cherry blossom festival from your blog. Hope you don't mind. So who did you know at Jordan. I graduated in '98.

Rachelle said...

Well I didn't really mean the festival....I just meant of Kenwood