Friday, November 27, 2009

Always Check the Oven

Lesson learned the hard way......So as my oven was pre-heating I started to smell something funny....I looked around my stove burners (which were being used cooking the rest of the dinner) - but nothing looked odd...I then noticed a little bit of smoke coming out of a small vent on top of my oven... I open the oven..and wah - lah....yes, those were two of my plastic bowls, which were put into the oven by my 4 year old the day before, without our knowledge. After a little chat about it, I think I will still be checking my oven before ever pre-heating it.



Thanks so our awesome friends, Andrew and Aly who cooked the rest of my food in their oven, and allowed us, and the people we were having over for dinner (the missionaries) - to eat at their house instead of our own due to the smell of burnt plastic. Also, a thanks to my husband for cleaning up the plastic mess.

6 comments:

Cassie said...

oh no I could not even imagine!!! but I love how Damon looks so proud holding up the glob of plastic that used to be your bowls kind of like look what I did!

Janell said...

Oops! Good lesson learned--I've taken note! Yes, that picture of Damon with the melted bowls is so funny!!

TheKeilShpeel said...

We've had too many of those incidents at our house. The other day I almost cooked a dog toy. Kyle was hiding it from Molly.

Tiana said...

Okay, that is funny, and also excellent advice!!

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

oh my! that is totally something that would happen to me! actually something like that did happen to me - i had to use a fire extinguisher! thank goodness for good friends who save us in our crises! :)

Ammon and Tara said...

Oh my heck Michelle, that's crazy. I will for sure be checking my oven too! haha.