Thursday, November 19, 2009

"Follow the Gospel"


This past Sunday the General Primary President visited our Primary meetings. Our Stake President also joined her. Our Stake President wrote her an email to thank her for coming out to Washington DC ...etc...so to make a long story short...our Primary President and our Bishop's wife both sent me the email that he wrote to show me a little bit of what he said.

"And, I was so touched by the young 4 yr old boy, Damon, dressed in a pressed shirt and tie on the front row. Whenever there was a Q/A session, he would raise his hand and if called on, no matter what the question, he would respond, “Follow the Gospel”. Perfect. We all should be so simple, yet so precise in our approach to life."

I thought it was so sweet and to read this put a big smile on my face. Although he seems like such a crazy little kid sometimes, and might drive me nuts most of the time....It was nice to read this and be reminded of how important it is for us to be like little children.

12 comments:

Michelle said...

I have no idea why that picture came up so huge.

Tiana said...

That is very sweet. I was bummed that we missed being there for her.

TheKeilShpeel said...

What a great boy you have.

Elaine said...

Wow! How cool is that! Too bad we weren't there! What a sweet boy!

The Wells Family said...

i love it! he is such a sweetheart with a crazy streak! can you not believe that in the hearts of our little crazy boys, there is so much goodness? the other day bobby pointed to our statue of christ and said, "that is jesus, he lives in our hearts.". truly out of the mouth of babes...right?

Deborah said...

What a great reminder to us all! And what a smart boy!

Emily said...

michelle, i am so exited you see you this christmas, i can hardly contain my joy! and your boys are the cutest every!

Wendy said...

That is so cute!

alexandra said...

Oh, that is so so sweet. Just like he is!

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

I love that! Damon's so awesome and what a great experience for your family!

Dave and Mel said...

hey- thanks for your comment and always being the first to comment on my few and far between posts- you're the best! I'm glad you can relate (although not really, 'cause I was complaining a lot ) but nice to know I'm "normal."
this is a great little story and a proud mama moment :)

oh- Dave's brother and wife are going to be here this weekend from VA...i forgot you had asked me that-sorry!

Ammon and Tara said...

That's so cute. Mom read me that from her email that you sent her too. How sweet. What a good little boy.