Monday, February 8, 2010

BLIZZARD OF 2010

The snow storm that hit us over the weekend was the biggest snow storm EVER in Washington DC.

The pictures speak for themselves....


snow! snow! snow! - Damon really is in his little heaven
look closely - That is a car's side mirror right next to Damon. He played with his sweet friend Cindy for 4 hours out there!
our lovely parking lot. Love how the snow plow blocks all the cars in?
The pics of Damon and I were taken Saturday morning - it continued to snow for another 9 hours after this
this pine tree outside our door made a cool little tunnel
snow up to my thigh
the view out of our doorway

church cancelled (2 weeks in a row), schools cancelled for days, grocery stores closed, post offices closed, 200,000 people in the area without power, (we were very lucky).....it has been pretty insane around here. This morning I went out to warm the car up for Mike, and all the car doors were frozen shut. I finally got one of the back doors open, crawled into the front seat, and still couldn't open either front door from inside the car.

Mike also had a good time yesterday heading up a huge snow removal project with the snow plow truck guys, and a bunch of neighbors. We were knocking on doors to get people to move cars so the truck could move snow.... I wish I had a video of him. It was hilarious. People were so grateful for him. I felt like I should have been out helping, but Brixton has had a bad cold...so we just stayed warm inside.

For as much drama as these storms cause around here, it is exciting that we lived here during such a historic storm!

We're supposed to get another 5 inches tomorrow.

12 comments:

Elaine said...

Holy cow!!! I can't believe it all that snow! My kids are so bummed we are missing this!

Rachelle said...

Wow!!! That would be really beautiful if you didn't have to go anywhere. Crazy that we've seen nothing comparable in Utah.

Nate and Heidi said...

it's beautiful, but how depressing. How is it all going to melt before spring? :)

Ammon and Tara said...

FUN! I mean, it's crazy and power outages are bad and stuff but Fun to play in the snow! Damon is just loving life! Reminds me of when we were kids playing in all the snow we used to get!

TheKeilShpeel said...

That snow is insane. I'm guessing you guys haven't been going anywhere. ;). My cousin in DC had to check into a hotel b/c her power was out for soo long and they were freezing.

Steph said...

That's crazy! And of course, Damon loves it! How fun for him. Good luck and stay safe!

Wendy said...

Fun! It's all sunny here...so weird! Cute pictures...:)!

Andrea said...

So CRAZY! I've gotta admit, I'm a bit envious....but definately not of the people with no power, brrrr. Cute pictures!

Watkins said...

THATS CRAZY! YOU HAVE SUCH A GOOD ATTITUDE ABOUT IT! I WOULD BE SO ANNOYED BEING SNOWED IN. LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS ARE HAVING FUN THOUGH!

Deborah said...

That is so crazy!! It seems like we haven't had much here, but that's ok because I hate driving in it. I think I'd be stuck at home forever if it we got a snowstorm like that!

Aly said...

I love all the winter pics. I want to steal a couple from you! So seeing your cute pic with damon on the bench makes me wish I had put on my snow cloths to play in the snow. Love you guys!

wackywilsons said...

Been thinking about you and all that SNOW!! I am glad that you guys can walk to the store since you obviously can't drive!