Wednesday, January 27, 2010

8 months...already?

So I know I just did a post about Brixton...but he turned 8 months yesterday, and I couldn't help but do another one.....

Here's what he's up to lately....

Look what I learned to do at Grandma's house last month (7 months old) ! That's right....I'm sitting up! (it's about time!)

Obsessed with the jumper. Pure joy on that little face. (Thanks to my friend Colleen for lending it to us!) He has stayed in that thing for an hour (multiple times!)


He is also trying SO SO hard to crawl. It's so cute to watch...until he gets mad about it. He uses every little ounce of energy, and every little muscle to try to really move around. He can roll, and wiggle around on his belly like it's nobodies business....he gets up on his hands and knees, and rocks back and forth...but isn't quite there yet. I'm actually fine with it....We are in no rush for this kid to grow up!

He's also figured out SPITTING, and thinks it is the greatest thing ever. Has almost got the pincer grasp down, is noticing when we're eating and he isn't, loves to hang out in just his diaper, is sleeping well,and overall seems to be a pretty happy kid. We're so lucky that he's ours.

8 comments:

Elaine said...

He's so cute! Fun post!

Jake and Roz said...

he's getting so big! Definitely don't worry about the crawling thing - Cade didn't really crawl till he was almost 9 months - and then he only did it for 2 weeks before he decided to start walking instead. They grow up too fast!

Ammon and Tara said...

He's so cute Michelle. I love when they sit up. Carter is definitely not there yet, but no rush! Too fast too fast!

Deborah said...

Look at those eyes!! I can't believe he is already 8 months old. Where does the time go?

Wendy said...

I love the look on his face in the jumper! So cute.

TheKeilShpeel said...

What a sweet boy. It is so nice when the sit up..except now I can't get Andrew to be on his back at all. Changing diapers.. impossible

Kacy & Adam said...

How in the heck do you not squeeze that little guy all. day. long???? He is SO adorable! Makes me miss that age :( I love the immobileness {we'll just pretend it's a word k?}

wackywilsons said...

He is so so so cute...and you dress him like a GAP model. I love him!