Thursday, June 30, 2011

We love the National Zoo!

We especially love it when the animals are out in full force! It was so great! We saw so many animals that were actually being very entertaining! (I should have taken more pictures). We decided to go the zoo very last minute, and I texted a bunch of friends to see if anyone wanted to join us but no one could. Then as the day went on I realized that it was actually a lot of fun to just be there with my two little guys. It was a day at the zoo that I'll always remember.

Damon was such a good brother, always right there with Brixton ready to show him the next animal, and always wanting to hold his hand. (This picture is really them in full motion running up the hill)
snakes....can you see the dead rat?
This tiger walked back and forth for 5 minutes growling really loudly...it was cool
Had to stop for a cotton candy and sno-cone on our way back up. I love that this Zoo is free (since the definitely food isn't)
@ the pizza playground, pointing at the fake cow, and saying "mooooo"
got him. :)
The elephants were amazing! There were two out walking around, throwing dirt on themselves, playing with giant toys....Damon got bored, but I made him stay there for at least 20 minutes. What amazing animals!
Damon was an amazing sport. It's a walk from our apartment to the metro, then a walk from the metro to the zoo....then walking around the zoo for 4, yes 4, hours...then the walk back to the metro, and back home....it was such a long day....but I LOVED it.

See ya!

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

Your boys are so cute!!

Elaine said...

Super fun pictures! Makes me miss that zoo! Good luck with your move!

Jake and Roz said...

I think cotton candy is a requirement of any zoo trip! I have kids who love the zoo, too (even our rinky-dink little one), so it's part of every summer!