Sunday, July 15, 2012

Grandma Andy is 90!

One of the best parts about being in Utah in July is that we get to attend my grandma's big birthday party.  It's the only time that almost EVERYONE gets together anymore.  I missed it for quite a few years because we'd usually go out on our trip in June, but we have been able to be there for the last two years.  This year was a big one...this sweet little lady turned 90!  She is absolutely one of the most amazing, wittiest, smartest, humblest, and funniest people I have ever known.  I feel so lucky to be her granddaughter, and I feel even more lucky that my boys know her and love her so much.  

 my dad, my boys, and my sweet sweet grandma
 I love this picture
 one of my favorites.  I love this lady so much
 My cousin Nicole and I.  Oh the laughs we've had. 
 a big party calls for a big moon bounce/water slide, right?  
This party is a blast.  My aunt and uncle have 5 or 6 pools that they fill up, they have a fantastically huge back yard, they rent a bounce house, and the kids have SO MUCH FUN.   Lucky her birthday is in the middle of the summer in Utah....a water party is always a perfect fit. 

Last time I checked I think my grandma has 34 great-grandkids.  Talk about posterity.  Love that lady

No comments: