Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Slacker Mom

I can not believe what a dork I was at Christmas time this year. I took maybe a total of 5 pictures that are related to our Christmas this year. I don't even have a good excuse...I had my camera with me, I just didn't take pictures....


Since we didn't go to Utah this year we were invited to join some good friends of ours - Chris and Kelli Mehalic - and Chris' family - for Christmas this year in South Carolina. Mike and I love road trips, and we were excited to have something to do during Mike's break from work.....so we packed up and took off after church for the 8 hour drive (at least 4 of those hours in a down pour of rain - SCARY!) and showed up at the Mehalic's around 9 pm. We had a lot of fun, Mike got to golf, I spent some time shopping and hanging out with the girls, and I spent a lot of time chasing Damon around - while he was chasing around the 2 Mehalic dogs. (I CAN NOT believe I don't have pictures!) We had so much fun playing games with everyone, and are so grateful for the Mehalic's and their family for making us feel so welcome, for taking such good care of us, and for their generosity and love.


The only pictures I have are of Damon with a few of his favorite presents!


Thanks to the Huguely's for his new vacuum!

Thanks to grandma for the new game! It's so much fun!
His little basketball set from Chris' parents, Heidi and Chuck. He plays with it every day!

And last but not least...thanks to Sue and Taylor Guzman for the great putting set!

3 comments:

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

Yes, I check your blog every day. : ) Fancy new toys, lucky happy guy! I love Damon's posed smile & little head tilt. You are so silly and so not a slacker mom! You are a really fabulous, involved, loving and a great teacher kind of mom. So you forgot to take some pictures... but you blogged about it. (You beat me - I'm so behind!)

Deborah said...

I totally know how you feel - I had my camera with me the whole time in Vegas, and ended up with 4 pictures. I don't know what my deal is!!

You sound like you had a wonderful Christmas!! And the pictures you did get are adorable!

Ammon and Tara said...

Don't worry Michelle, we took hardly any pics of Christmas too! Dumb. Damon is so cute, he is getting to look so grown up! Miss you guys and love you!