Monday, January 28, 2008

Sweet President Hinckley


Just a little mention of how much I loved our sweet prophet, President Gordon B. Hinckley. What an amazing, warm, adorable, strong, spiritual, loving, and funny man. He has done so much for the LDS church, and has greatly influenced my life. I will never forget when I was able to go to a General Conference - maybe 6 or 7 years ago - everyone was sitting in the conference waiting for things to get started, 10's of thousands of people talking with their families and friends, then suddenly...out of no where ....silence. Then everyone stood and watched President Hinckley and his counselors enter the room. One of the cutest things I've ever seen was as he walked past his wife who was standing in front of her seat, he reached over with his cane, and tapped her on the leg. We Thank Thee O God For A Prophet was of course sung by the congregation, and I don't know if I have ever in my life felt the spirit so strongly. For one man's countenance to project the most amazing feeling I have ever felt must say something about President Hinckley. I am so grateful for his life, for his testimony, for his humor,for his amazing example and for the love that I know that he has for all of us.

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

Thanks for your sweet testimony. I too remember being at conference and having the room suddenly go quiet and the whole feeling just change. He just glowed with goodness. I'm glad that he is with his wife again.

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

You describe your feelings so perfectly! Thank you for sharing that experience and your testimony. I had a similar powerful experience when he came to BYUH to speak, and before when I heard Elder Maxwell in the MTC. The Spirit was so tangible both times... They both were truly exceptional men of God.

Ammon and Tara said...

Thanks for sharing that Michelle. I feel the same way. What a power that man had. You just know he was a man of God from the way you feel in his presence.