Thursday, July 10, 2008

Jokes on Me!

Okay...so they totally got me....It took a lot of tricks and secret emails...but this group of chicks surprised me with an awesome birthday luncheon at Cheesecake Factory.  I was absolutely shocked!  I am always part of the organizing committee for all of these type of surprise get togethers - which it seems like we've done a lot of lately...so I thought for sure no one would do anything for me (which I was fine with) because it might be "surprise overkill"...., and because I'd probably figure it out.... I was out of town for my super good friend, Kelli's, birthday back in June...we had been planning to go to lunch to celebrate her birthday....and it ended up randomly that the day that worked out best to go to lunch for HER BIRTHDAY was going to be on my birthday.  It was before she went out of town for the 4th, but before I was back to being busy babysitting...(whoa, say that 10 times fast).  So she suggested Cheesecake Factory...I would never turn that down, she picks me up....Jackie offered to babysit as a birthday gift... we get there and at first I see my two friends Jenny and Annette sitting in the waiting area...my first thought honestly was - "oh wow, jenny and annette are going to lunch today also - and at the same place, wow!"...I am a dork, so then I saw two other girls who I know sitting next to them...and it all fell into place.  Jokes on me!  I even saw Tiana driving in the parking garage..and just thought she must have been going shopping.   Once again, I'm a dork.   I know Jackie was the main organizer of all of this....she is honestly the sweetest person I know.  I don't know how she pulled this off, but she did!  Thanks for everything!

The group....Alexandra with her two boys, me, Annette, Jenny, Aubrie, Tiana, Kelli, Elizabeth and Annika...and sweet Jackie is taking the picture
My awesome friends Jenny, Aubrie, Tiana and her baby Ellie
My cute friend Aubrie....I look like a giant next to her....gotta love those skinny friends....

  Elizabeth, Jackie, and Elizabeth's girl Annika

Me and my sweet friend Annette

I am so grateful for having the most awesome girlfriends anyone could ask for.  I still can't believe how lucky I am to know so many great women.   A bunch of the girls contributed to a gift card to Pottery Barn for a birthday gift, I finally got the bedding I've been wanting for months....another post.....Thank you Thank you Thank you! 




3 comments:

Nate and Heidi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHELLE!!!
Glad you had so much fun! Cheesecake Factory- YUM!

Tiffani Mills said...

How fun- you have sweet girlfriends and funny you didn't catch on!
Happy Birthday!

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

You're a special friend to everyone - I swear you are a best friend to everyone! : ) We love you and I'm so glad you were so surprised! You're amazing - we love ya!