Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Memorial Day

The Sunday before Memorial Day we decided to go down and walk around The Mall.  It was amazing to be reminded of those that have gone before us and fought for our country.   We've walked around the monuments many times before, but it was amazing to walk around the World War Memorials and see all the people there in honor of soldiers and their families.  Once again, I wish I was a good writer and could convey how I felt when we were there....but to sum it up...it was just a great experience and really put things in perspective - 


                                       World War II Memorial
                         The view of the George Washington Monument from the Lincoln Memorial
     The Vietnam Memorial.  It was amazing to see the pictures, flowers, etc..lined up around all the monuments
                            Damon had a great bike ride - he rode all over the place
                       Feeding the squirrels
Like father like son....

3 comments:

Elaine said...

Beautiful pictures! It looks like it was a great day!

alexandra said...

Michelle, I am so glad you are back! My phone is only receiving calls; I can't dial at all. I am heartsick about it bc it has photos on it. Will got to it . . .

Anyway call me tomorrow and let's set something up. I will answer!

I am glad to see that you got out to the Memorials; we considered it but didnt do anything.

Melinda said...

What a great place to be able to spend Memorial Day!